Minnesota Vikings vs New Orleans Saints Prop Bets & Score Predictions Christmas Day 2020
A Christmas day game from the NFL. The Minnesota Vikings visit the New Orleans Saints. The Vikings are in trouble with a 6-8 record and are looking at missing the playoffs this season. The Saints are cruising along and now have quarterback Drew Brees back for a playoff run.
If the Vikings are going to have a chance of winning this game they will need to be able to stop the run better than they did against the Bears. The Saints lost last week in a shootout to the Chiefs 32-29.
Saints Betting Trends
- New Orleans has put together a 7-7 record against the spread this season.
- The Saints are just 2-3 ATS when favored by at least 7.0 points.
- Most of New Orleans’ games this year — nine out of 14 — have hit the over (64.3%).
- The Saints average points scored this season (28.4) and the Vikings points allowed (27.7) are within 0.7 points of each other.
- In games where New Orleans score at least 28.4 points this season, they are 5-2 overall and 4-3 against the spread.
- When the Minnesota defense allows 27.7 points or fewer this year, the Vikings have put together a 6-2 overall record and a 5-3 record against the spread.
Vikings Betting Trends
- Minnesota has a losing 6-8 record against the spread.
- The Vikings have a losing ATS record of 0-2 when playing as at least 7.0-point underdogs.
- 9 Minnesota’s 14 games this year have gone over the point total (64.3% of its opportunities).
- The Vikings, on average, score 4.5 more points per game this season (25.7) than the Saints allow (21.2).
- Minnesota is 5-5 overall and 5-5 against the spread when they score at least 25.7 points this season.
- New Orleans is 5-0 overall and 5-0 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 21.2 points.
Saints & Vikings Totals Trends
- The Saints and their opponents have totaled at least 52.0 points — this matchup’s over/under — in six of 14 opportunities (42.9%) this year.
- In nine of 14 opportunities (64.3%) this season, Minnesota and its opponents have combined to score more than 52.0 points.
- The two teams average a combined 2.1 more points per game (54.1) than this matchup’s over/under of 52.0 points.
- Opponents of the two teams average a combined 3.1 less points per game (48.9) than this game’s over/under of 52.0 points.
- The average total the Saints have had set in games this season is 2.4 less points than this outing’s point total.
- The average point total for the Vikings this season is 1.4 points higher than this game’s over/under.
Vikings & Saints Injuries
Saints: CB Patrick Robinson: Out (Hamstring), DB Johnson Bademosi: Out (Undisclosed), WR Bennie Fowler: Out (Shoulder), QB Jameis Winston: Out (Illness), DT Malcom Brown: Questionable (Shoulder), OL Nick Easton: Questionable (Concussion), DE Noah Spence: Out (Knee), WR Michael Thomas: Out (Ankle), SS Marcus Williams: Questionable (Undisclosed), DE Trey Hendrickson: Questionable (Shoulder), WR Tre’Quan Smith: Questionable (Ankle), WR Deonte Harris: Out (Neck), DT Jalen Dalton: Out (Tricep), WR Marquez Callaway: Out (Knee), P Blake Gillikin: Out (Back)
Vikings: TE Kyle Rudolph: Questionable (Foot), SS George Iloka: Out (Acl), OLB Anthony Barr: Out (Pectoral), ILB Eric Kendricks: Questionable (Calf), DE Danielle Hunter: Out (Back), DE Ifeadi Odenigbo: Questionable (Ankle), CB Mike Hughes: Out (Neck), ILB Cameron Smith: Out (Heart), CB Kris Boyd: Out (Shoulder), DE Kenny Willekes: Out (Leg), LB Troy Dye: Questionable (Concussion), S Myles Dorn: Out (Undisclosed)
Vikings vs Saints Prop Bet Picks
The Saints will be able to run on the Vikings and they will stay with the run throughout the game. Dalvin Cook should be able to get just enough yards on the ground to open up the passing game for Cousins. I also like the Saints to get out to an early lead and force Cousins to throw more than he should.
Alvin Kamara OVER 60.5 rushing yards (-112) at Draftkings
Kirk Cousins OVER 246.5 passing yards (-112) at Draftkings
Drew Brees OVER 249.5 passing yards (-125) Draftkings
Vikings vs Saints Game Pick & Score Prediction
In many ways these two teams are similar. They both have quarterbacks that feed off the run and both came into the season with expectations of having a top defense. The Saints have performed at a high level considering the loss of Brees for a few weeks. The Vikings have not. The Bears just ran over them last week in what looked like a game that the Bears wanted more than the Vikings. This game should end the Vikings season and start the trade or firing rumors.